- Exit Interview: C.D.C. Head Redfield Reflects on His Time on the Jobby Sheila Kaplan on January 20, 2021 at 12:20 pm
He predicted the “worst is yet to come” in the pandemic and expressed frustration with the politicization of mask-wearing and mitigation efforts.
- The Benefits of Moderate Exerciseby Gretchen Reynolds on January 20, 2021 at 10:00 am
High-intensity workouts get a lot of attention and can be great for health. But moderate physical activity may have metabolic advantages.
- The Strange Voyeurism of Watching Someone Else Get Vaccinatedby Sophie Haigney on January 20, 2021 at 10:00 am
Seeing a shot go in someone’s arm is largely devoid of drama, but the surrounding choreography and presentation of the moment can be fascinating.
- What You Can Do to Avoid the New Coronavirus Variant Right Nowby Tara Parker-Pope on January 20, 2021 at 5:09 am
It’s more contagious than the original and spreading quickly. Upgrade your mask and double down on precautions to protect yourself.
- New California Variant May Be Driving Virus Surge There, Study Suggestsby Carl Zimmer on January 20, 2021 at 12:42 am
Researchers found that the variant originated in California and showed up in more than half of samples tested last week by researchers in Los Angeles.
- Why Medical Tourism Is Drawing Patients, Even in a Pandemicby Ceylan Yeginsu on January 19, 2021 at 11:47 pm
The coronavirus pandemic has devastated medical tourism, but pent-up demand remains for affordable treatment in foreign lands.
- Could a Small Test Screen People for Covid-19?by Katherine J. Wu on January 19, 2021 at 10:49 pm
A new modeling study hints that odor-based screens could quash outbreaks. But some experts are skeptical it would work in the real world.
- C.D.C. Warns the New Virus Variant Could Fuel Huge Spikes in Covid-19 Casesby Apoorva Mandavilli and Roni Caryn Rabin on January 19, 2021 at 8:46 pm
The more contagious version, first identified in Britain, is expected to spread widely and lead to further strains on an already overburdened health care system.
- Zoom Funeral Tipsby Steven J. Birenbaum on January 19, 2021 at 4:53 pm
Holding a funeral or memorial on a videoconferencing platform like Zoom offers several advantages: It’s easy for distant guests to attend, and you can record it.